• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Which cable do I need?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Insane Scyth

Awhile back I bought myself 3 Monoprice IPS 1440p monitors when they were on sale. Originally I was going to use these with a pair of R290s. However, due to some issues with a Newegg RMA, I will only have 1 card for awhile.

These monitors only have DVI-D ports on them. I assume I need something like this or this.

Is this the correct type of adapter I need in this situation? Does anyone have any suggestions of a specific adapter or have experience with any?

Last edited:
I believe the OP only has 1 card for now, and wants to run 3 monitors on that single card until he gets his second one back. In that case, he'll need a display port/DVI adapter.

You are correct, thanks for pointing that out.

That's correct, I only have 1 card at the moment. I have two monitors hooked up to the DVI-D ports, and now I need to hook the third one up with a Display Port to DVI-D.

I just wanted to give a quick update and mark the thread as solved.

I ended up buying this adapter. It had no issue pushing 1440p to the third monitor and I am even able to setup eyefinity for some gaming with zero issues. I haven't checked my frame rates or anything like that, but I was able to play a few minutes of Skyrim on Ultra settings (no mods) with no noticeable lag.

Back