• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Case for my PC upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nriaziat

Preferably there are 5000 choices on cases. Under $50 is setting the bar pretty darn low. Do some searching on Google and let us know what you come up with, and we'll vet your decision.

I ain't payed to be your shopping guru, if you been here for a few months and had 20-30 posts maybe I'd be more inclined to help.

Preferably there are 5000 choices on cases. Under $50 is setting the bar pretty darn low. Do some searching on Google and let us know what you come up with, and we'll vet your decision.

I ain't payed to be your shopping guru, if you been here for a few months and had 20-30 posts maybe I'd be more inclined to help.

Sorry, I was more so asking what you thought of my current selection.
Thanks.

The first two send me to a click addy site, never loads. Try not to do it from the first link in Google. Pick a better source site.

I get this crap:
http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin...etails.asp%3FEdpNo%3D899126%26sku%3DT925-7000

The TT case link that does work. What have you found from Googling reviews etc on how good it is? We'd rather you see what reviews are etc first. There are like I said 5000 cases out there. Unless it's in the 10 or 20 cases we seem to gravitate to most of us look at these other cases with a ????.

Type this into Google and add the word 'review' at the end of your cut and paste.

Thermaltake Commander MS-I Snow Edition USB 3.0 'review'. If you don't get a lot of real reviews by real sites with 2-6 pages of info, then the case is bypassed as junk by the masses and reviewers.

Look at the cases we like here, reading 20-50 posts about what we recommend and use here would be a great benefit. You gotta learn. It's your stuff, we can't decide for you. Come back with some solid choices and real reviews, not a clicky clicky buy buy link please.

I did find a review on that case. Meh. 6 outta 10.
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/tt_commander_msi/
"Quote"
Cheap feeling and looking.
Hardware layout is outdated and not neat for cable management.
SSD mounting to the bottom makes cable connections difficult.

You can learn a lot with Google. You need to make the effort. That was 30 minutes on my part, your move.

May I ask what kind of hardware specs you have? The heat load will need to be taken into consideration when choosing a case and how much rad space you will need. However, if you don't have a very large heat load, the thermaltake will be a viable option. Although, if you plan to liquid cool for a little show, you might try looking at some options with a slightly higher price point ;)

Come back with some solid choices and real reviews, not a clicky clicky buy buy link please.

You can learn a lot with Google. You need to make the effort. That was 30 minutes on my part, your move.

angry-must-resist-l.png

I have an 8350 with a sapphire 7770. The water cooling wont be a custom loop, probably use a h100i. The heaviest load will probably be just Crysis 3, or maybe some rendering in After Effects or Premier Pro. Does that answer your question?
Thanks!

I recommend drilling some 120mm holes in your case. It can be done on the cheap with
a nibbler tool. I have done this with some old cases. Be sure to remove *ALL* the hardware inside first, as you don't want metal clips floating around on the electronics.

I know I'm new here but I've lurked for quite a while, conundrum needs to relax. OP's 3 links in the original post go to tiger direct and frys, those are nowhere near "click addy site".

Calm down.

As for the cases...finding a nice case for liquid cooling at $50 is a very hard thing to do. Save up some more money. As someone mentioned, take a look at some lower end Corsair cases.

How about the bitfenix shinobi? Its 59 bucks on newegg and it has room for an h100 in the top I believe.

Shinobe. Not huge, good fan placement, wonderful fit and finish, the soft touch surface on the front and top is really nice. Over 8" deep, so it can fit huge heatsinks.

http://s245.photobucket.com/user/Conumdrum_2007/slideshow/Media PC

See if this works I linked to my Photobucket, works for me

You'll have to forget the other pics of my awesome chair and TV etc.

I'm happy with the case. I'll do measurements for how much room for a rad in a bit, I'll edit this post.

You have ONLY 1/2" after fans till it hits the mobo parts. And the top will not fit fans with rad mounted under.

No go, great for air cooling though.

Also, you really need to reconsider the H100i. High failure rates, if like you said you been lurking you have been reading about the constant H100i problems.

You want AOI watercooling? Only the Swiftech H220 is good enough. Only. NXCT Havok 60 is pretty good, but 140x2 rad. Still you want anything to do with WC? Only do your best. H220, Swiftech.

Last edited:
Back