• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Chipset Utility for my ASUS Z87 Pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaveMcKeen

Registered
Hello, it's me again.

I am doing a clean reinstall of Win7Pro SP1 64 bit and want to install the latest versions of the drivers and utilities that were on the DVD that came in the box with the motherboard. The choices in Driver & Tools for my board are confusing.

Should I install from the boxed DVD first then upgrade the drivers? I have the latest BIOS already installed.

Here is an example of the confusion. For the chipset driver there are two versions of the same date. Version 9.5.14.1724 is 59.33 MBytes, while Version 9.4.0.1026 at 255.97 MBytes, both dated 2013/10/04.

That's a huge difference in file sizes! The descriptions looked nearly identical until I did this:

Intel(R) Management Engine Interface V9.5.14.1724 for Windows 7/8/8.1 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)
Intel(R) Chipset Software Installation Utility V9.4.0.1026 for Windows 7/8/8.1 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)

Aha! Management Engine Interface vs. Chipset Software Installation Utility.

Still, I'm not sure what to do with these.

The following two files under Chipset for June 2013 are similar in size to the first two, but the name of the bigger one is Intel Chipset Driver while the smaller one is still Intel(R) Management Engine Interface.

I need some guidance. What to do with these dudes, dudes?

- Dave

Install from your boards webpage. Those are the latest tested for your board.

As far as the chipset and Intel me, install both. They are two different things. ;)

Back