• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which cpu, is mine up to the job

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kevvy

hi chaps, i brought 2 760strikers in sli had a few teething problems but sorted now. im hitting 93fps in advance warfare at the mo, on altra settings, im running a fx8120. now i have been reading about the fx8350, would that be a good buy with my system,i dont oc so am looking for a good cpu so that i can get the most out of my system, i dont want to go water cooled, my cpu under load runs at 54 degees so i think my case and cooling is good, graphics run at 60 and 54 degree playing said game. would like opinions on a cpu that would give me good results, thank you for your time...... my system is as follows, crossfire formula m/b, 16gig 1600 corsair ram, 250ssd hard drive for o/s,124gig ssd for gaming, 2 670strikers in sli, hx 750w psu, amd fx 8120 .be quiet cpu cooler, x preditor case,144hz monitor, :)

Last edited:
The 8350 would be a decent upgrade if you plan on staying AMD. And if it is just for gaming wouldn't make sense to throw out $500 or so to switch over to intel just for a few FPS.

Not sure how that cooler would do with the 8350 though.

That depends on the model , dark rock pro is a fairly good line. The 8350 is based on a better core and also another 400MHz should be a nice boost for you. Since you're not OC ing you should be fine.

tnx for your reply, would you think that it would,nt stay cool enough. as the cooler i have seem to work ok, also i have a 200 top mount fan sucking the air out the top, as my tread the 8120 is stable at 54 under load, im finding it hard to find the amd figures for safe temp, any idea of a cooler that will work, many tnx again :)

the reason i went with the dark rock coz it keeps away from the ram, just as a note, the sli strikers are a tight squeeze on the formula board, but they look nice and perform very well :) dont know how to put pictures up, otherwise id put one up :(

OK the first thing I would do is see if you can turn that Cooler to exhaust out the back. Right now you're pulling hot air from the VID cards.

I just checked the installation guide and it appears that is the only orientation for that cooler. It might be worth trying it the other way around to see if there's any benefit.

right been busy, just brought a dark rock pro 3 so from what you chaps have said and reviews i,ve read ,it shud be ok for the 8350, i hope the dark rock pro 3 will sit right ie venting out the back, tnx chaps :)

Back