• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which cpu, is mine up to the job

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dont know abt the refersh rate,if it can be changed,would it be worth asking what refresh rate would match my cards, my sound is run through my stereo,so no problem there, i dont have sound on when i play my games,i use subtitles, would a hdmi improve the graphic that much do you know please ,thanks

had a look in monitor menu,cant find any way to reduce it, i wonder if i can do duing the games, in the game menu ??

Last edited:
As for picture quality , i don't think there's much of a difference between HDMI and DVI. HDMI just carries sound as well. As for the refresh and your cards. You said you had dips down to 74 FPS IIRC. That's almost half the speed of the refresh rate of your monitor so there'll be a lag. The monitor wants a new frame 144 times/ second and your cards are topping at 90 something frame per second. Do you see where the problem is. Your cards can't keep up with the monitor at those setting or game or both. So you have a choice, get better cards, slow down the frame rate of the monitor or drop quality in the game , start by reducing your AA settings. Or just put up with it and game on!

ouch, better cards, mmm i,ve just brought these, okay i will need to coo up if i can drop the refresh rate some how, the read up on these cards are pretty good in sli, i understand what your saying,will have to drop settings in game, if i have to :( if i do that then is there much point in changing my cpu to 8350 ?? i,ll have a mess about with farcry 4 in settings, i might email AOC and see what they say, tnx for your time and mainly your patience :) feel quite gutted now, thought i was getting a decent gaming computer together,but hey ho, regards

Your computer is just fine for gaming at 60 MHz. You wouldn't see some of the things you do right now.
You should be able to see what refresh rates your monitor will run by right clicking on desktop anywhere, select screen resolution,advanced settings and monitor tab.

Last edited:
one of the things that has helped my 760, sli setup is using driver 327.23, this has helped my frame rate some.

tnx for that, i,ve installed those drivers, i also uninstalled asus suite from my computer, im upto 90fps on farcry 4, although with 8 gig of graphics id think i get a bit more ,there is no way of shutting 4 cores off as far as i can see in bios, or can i adjust the refresh rate of my monitor, so have to adjust each game, in the game settings, but as least i can plat them :)

well the drivers i downloaded 327.23 dont pick up the 760,s in sli,no matter what i do ,so i have to reload upto date driver to see if i get them back :(

OK just to set this straight. 4Gb per card in SLI is still only 4b of actual memory since the same info is written to both cards, that's just how it works. Disabling cores in bios would be in the advanced section not tweaker section and about half way do the options you should see it. Is that the CHV or CHV-z ? Also have you tried OCing the cards at all?

327.23 was a fail? that's what I have in my notes for my chv with 760 sli, let me do some more looking into that.

sorry for sending you on a wild goose chase with 327.23, that one is the best for folding with 760's.

OK just to set this straight. 4Gb per card in SLI is still only 4b of actual memory since the same info is written to both cards, that's just how it works. Disabling cores in bios would be in the advanced section not tweaker section and about half way do the options you should see it. Is that the CHV or CHV-z ? Also have you tried OCing the cards at all?

tnx johan, glad you cleared that up for me, there was me thinking i had 8 gig :) i have,nt o/cd the cards,i was thinking id get the 8350 and fitted and get it all running right before o/cing, as i thought it would be better to start to learn abt o/cing with a stable computer,so that i have a good base line, i reloaded the 327.23 and rebooted and they picked up sli, so will see how it goes and report back. will get back to switch back to 4 cores, many tnx for your insight, big learning curve for me,

AFIK your system is stable now correct ? Overclocking cards is easy compared to your CPU. GPUTweak likely came with your cards on the CD. You just set the power limit to max and then raise the core and test with something like Unigine Heaven benchmark. Once youve found your max core speed without getting driver crashes, you do the memory the same way. You'll know the memory is reaching it's limit when you see strange artifacts on screen. Then just bring the two together. This would likely gain you 10 FPS or more. There's also a program that I use for Nvidia cards called Nvidia inspector. It works for ocing and also has driver settings. It will likely have a profile for the games you are playing for SLI and I have found in the past that they can help quite a bit.

johan thanks for that, im going to order the 8350,as i dont want and cant afford water cooling, so now my dark rock pro 3 is here and got new case fans 2x 140 dead silent . i think i,ll be able to keep it cool, so looking forward to fitting all that, so once its all here and fitted i,ll be looking forward to tinkering with oc-ing , hope you chaps will be calm as due to my disabilty i cant hold info, so its a long road to get my head round stuff, thankyou all in advance :)

Back