• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which fan controller case or motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maximillion82

Registered
I have a Cooler Master Storm Trooper Case and an Asus P8Z77-V Pro motherboard, I noticed that I have a fan controller on the case and one on the motherboard. Which one is recommended to use for the case fans? The CPU is on the motherboard right now and the case fans are connected through the case's controller, so I can use the buttons on the front to control the fan speed.
But I noticed that Asus has an XpertFan2 control software.

Which controller should I hook the fans up to and why is one better over the other?
Thank you all for your help.

You can only control the CPU fan speed. I think. So use the fan controller on the case. Learn about fan wattage and PWM vs voltage controlled fans etc if you start changing things around

You can only control the CPU fan speed. I think. So use the fan controller on the case. Learn about fan wattage and PWM vs voltage controlled fans etc if you start changing things around

Thank you very much for the reply so I will leave the set-up as it is.
And look at wattage and PWM vs. voltage.

Back