• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which high static pressure fan would you use to cool of your radiator?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Droidene

Registered
Wich radiator fan would you use?
I want silent, do not want it to be noisy.
My setup going to be 1x 360mm and 1x 240mm rads, cooling off a cpu and a gpu. Soo, total 5 fan. (Those are hardware labs radiator, slim 30 (28?) mm tick)

Iv looked into two options:

1. EK Vardar EVO (it a 1150 RPM)
2. Nidec Gentle Typhoon (it a 180RPM)

I would love to hear from experience user in here what you using and what you think of these.

I would get the fans with the most static pressure with the least amount of noise (dba). I have Bit Fenix Pro's on my rad hooked up to a PWM fanhub so I can have a perfect balance of both.

I like Noctua fans but it can be expensive to get a full set of them. My Corsair Obsidian 800D has 11 total Noctua fans (mixture of 120mm and 140mm) which set me back about $250.

Edited to add: 11 fans sounds like a lot but the ambient sound level in my bedroom with the computer on is 20dB. (About the same as rustling leaves or a whisper)

Any of these will suffice. That's if you're not looking for the blingy RGB LED fans but the best radiator fans in general.

Any of these will suffice. That's if you're not looking for the blingy RGB LED fans but the best radiator fans in general.

Thanks, i read couple article and from few user mention that these GT are one or the very best.
Why arent they widely used?
In my country one shop sell the : Nidec Fan, Gentle Typhoon 1850, PWM
Would that fan be more than suffice?

That's an awesome fan. Was one of the most popular 9 years ago due to the blade design, noise etc. Great static pressure. They added PWM years later. In fact I still have two old styles in the packaging. I'm sure there are others that are great but the fan you mention is a great rad fan.

I ran my 6 fans at 900 RPM and the rig was silent pretty much. I had two 120x3 rads at the time, both low FPI and rather normally thick.

Not to derail the thread or anything but I was wondering if the new GT's match in performance (static pressure and noise) to the old GT. It is my understanding that the patent recently expired and there are third party brands making their own versions now.

Basically wondering if anyone here has used both the old and the new and can offer a personal comparison. Also keeping my fingers crossed for an @ehume style review sometime in the future

Not to derail the thread or anything but I was wondering if the new GT's match in performance (static pressure and noise) to the old GT. It is my understanding that the patent recently expired and there are third party brands making their own versions now.

Basically wondering if anyone here has used both the old and the new and can offer a personal comparison. Also keeping my fingers crossed for an @ehume style review sometime in the future

Im abit confuse, but found this: Gentle Typhoon chart

I cant seems to find this on extremerigs.

Some unboxing and testing at: Thermalbench - Gentle Typhoon 1150 120mm fan

I'm running the corsair mag lev fans. I get less noise and better cooling then I did with my noctua Nf-f12s

I have been looking at these fans my self . The darkzone pwm ones , How manny did you get?
I have heard that with a pwm spliter on more than 3 corsair fans it stops working . If you got a bunch and have a pwm splitter I would love to see results

I have been looking at these fans my self . The darkzone pwm ones , How manny did you get?
I have heard that with a pwm spliter on more than 3 corsair fans it stops working . If you got a bunch and have a pwm splitter I would love to see results

I have 5 of them, i plan to use 3 on top radiator (360mm rad) and 2 on front radiator (240mm rad).
I still need to investigate on splitter, but i think im gonna go with this:
modmytoys 4-pin PWM Power Distribution PCB 4 way

Then plug a extension cable from those PCB to motherboard fan connector. The placment of these PCB probalty be somehwere on rads or something because the fan itself only 30cm long. The extension from PCB to motherboard is 24 inc, more than enough.

Unless someone in here want to warn me about something, i would love to hear tip and trick.

Back