• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which HSF combo to use for the P4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Able72

Hey everyone, very glad I found this place. I've found all kinds of usefull info here. From practical application of the OCing theory that I've picked up over the last few weeks to helpfull info on what components to buy in order to achieve the best results. Kudos to the people on this sight.

Anyway, now for my question.

I've seen all kinds of reviews and info on Heat sink recommendations for the AMD. What I haven't seen and the info that I'm interested in is this. What (aside from water cooling, thats just to expensive right now, but some day, some day. . .) are the best heat sink and fan combo's for Intel's P4. Which ones have provided you with the best results?

If you could give me an idea of temps and current OC settings.

Also, what about chipset cooling? This is a new concept to me as I'm brand new to the OCing world. Is it worth doing? If so, what would you recommend using?

Thanks in advance,
:cool: Able

Last edited:
Hi Able 72

My main quest over the last year or so is to have a Fast, quiet, stable & cool system. I have at last achieved this.( See my specs. below)
I am idle @35C / load 43C using a Coolermaster Silent Heat Pipe this actually runs 6C cooler than the Intel retail heatsink you get when you buy a boxed cpu. The Mobo from Asus has an auto heatsink fan contol ("Q" Fan Technology) I am running 4 x 80mm Quiet case fans 27CFM @ only 20 dBa. (2 front & 2 rear) I do not overclock there is no need for me to do this, it`s a personal thing but I have no desire to push my system to the limits. I have a 3D score ( Mad Onion Bench Mark 2001) 11,050

Here is an interesting link that will answer all your questions & more.
http://www.asusboards.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22339

Good Luck & welcome to the Forums

Acko

who manufacture's the silent heat pipe and where can I find one?

Back