• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which MB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoobModder

Registered
Planning an upgrade.

Thoughts on which MB

Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 or the Asus or the Maxiumus Viii Hero.

Both are solid, but you could easily use something less expensive too. My review on the Sabertooth Z170 is on the front page if you want to check that out. ;)

Others like Giga Z170 Gaming 5 or MSI Z170 M5, or ASrock aorund that $160 price range too.

ASUS Pro-A or Pro gamer, etx... There isn;t typically a need to spend well over $200 on a motherboard for most users.

Planning an upgrade.

Thoughts on which MB

Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 or the Asus or the Maxiumus Viii Hero.

I would love to be able to afford the Sabertooth myself, but it might be overkill if your demographic isn't best described as 'Cash-Rich Gaming Freak'. ;) The Hero is already expensive enough — and has an excellent track record for being failure-free from what I've been able to gather.

If you do decide to go with the Sabertooth, I would suggest testing it first, preferably in your chassis and with your other hardware, for sounds, vibrations etc. This is not to say anything bad about the board, just to be 102% sure.

Back