• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Mobo for Tualatin Celleron?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The japaneese get 200 mhz FSB on the XET using the older bios, which means no 1/5th and 1/6th pci divider....So i'd say 180 mhz FSB would be a walk in the park - especially considering the XET's only modifications are heatsinks to the mobo chipset.

And as Tanice said....A successful high FSB overclock depends on a lot more than just your mobo as all pci systems are stressed at these kind of overclocks - usually your NIC is the first to crap out followed by your HDD (depending on it's quality).

now i am beginning to double the meaning of those PLL, they are great, but for real, it strees the hell out of your sticks, i need bump my I/O to 3.5 even with fsb as low as 172 to stablize my puter, and bear in mind, my rams are pretty good, can do 167 222,5/7 without PLL. In general, those who reach high fsb are skipping on PLL at all, muddoctor is one of them. i think he is currently at 180f, 1.85v. Looking around, reaching fsb at 180+ are users with TUCL-2, ST6, and XET, and all of them are using 1/4 divider only. One exception i can come up with is Celemin1.0, i think he did reach fsb 200, but not sure which board and divider.
the road to 189f is long, and i don't think i can reach it with 1/5 or 1/6 dividers, they will kill my rams at that speed. it is time to give ST6 a shot, see if the board is as good as ol'man described.

i am very pleased with my st6, although it requires higher volt to stable my board, and the fact that it does need to vid pin, but nevertheless, i am happy with it. it is fast and reilible.

Yeah, I have always readed excelent things about st6.... The no wrong choice always.. The XET-C have some incredible specs in the site manufacturer... very atractive features... But I ended up with tusl2c in Brazil becouse there are no way to buy those by a sane price here... Even was very hard to find the tusl2c (3 weeks searching and sent someone buy one in Paraguay for me... :( ...
But I think definetly the st6...
I´m now searching for a good modded bios for the tusl2c... I´ve seen it pll chip runs hot.... Iwill refrigerate it later....

Get the ST6. If you can find it new. Grab it quick. If not, try to look for it used. I'm trying to look for another one now since I plan to build another Tualatin system in the future. Good to have an extra ST6 on hand.

Peter007 said:
I avoid TUSL If I were you, it doesn't even hav VOLTAGE Tweak,
which is critical for Stablizing an overclock system

I've been looking for a Tulatin Board for a WHILE,
these are the BEST "overclockabel" Tulatin Board I've came across

1. ABIT VH6T
2. MSI 6309 (via694T), highly recommended for many extra feature include USB2PC connection
3. MSI 6337_LE5 (i815 stepb)
4. Gigabyte GA-6OXT
5. Gigabyte GA-6VTX
7. Jetway 694TAS

8. ECS P6S5AT (DDR support, but no Voltage) $40-45

You can buy the ECS real cheap, but again, no voltage :(

I'm leaning on either the JETWAY or ABIT right now

hope that clarify :)

in MSI site I saw that these 2 mobo DON'T support tualatin...

Back