• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which of these power supplies should I get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If I got a 550W or 620W PSU, could I still connect the computer to my 750VA/450W UPS?

If I got a 550W or 620W PSU, could I still connect the computer to my 750VA/450W UPS?

Yes, a UPS capacity is governed by what your system draws, it's not governed by the size of your power supply.

For instance, the two rigs in my sig have an APC 550 (E8600: 330w) and an APC 650 (E7500: 390w) connected respectively. Neither of my rigs draw close to that under full power and neither has ever tripped off the UPS.

Your 750 / 450w is ideal for that 550w Corsair and 550w is more than enough to run what you have on your list..

I'd go with the 620w from the two you linked. Probably a little more power than you need, but you'll never have to worry about overloading it if/when you overclock. Those Seasonics are great.

Back