• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which psu??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boris_37

okay well my antec power supply is utter garbage so i wanna invest in a new one.

i have the choice of 2 of the best/cheapest power supplies i could find... i wanna know which everyone things is better for the price?

first is:
Fortron 530 Watt 20-Pin PSU
Rear Exhaust fan was replaced with a brand new Evercool 80x80x15mm (special size)
Rails adjusted to ~12.15v, ~5.15v, and ~3.4v
This PSU is SOLID, and works perfectly. The ONLY beef I had with it was that it hits protection mode when I tried to turn on my NF7 with vdimm mod. Without vdimm mod, it works great.
Although the 12V rail is rated 18A, it is a SHARED RAIL with the 5V rail, which is 40A.

second is:
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=14069&vpn=AX500-A&manufacture=FSP GROUP USA&promoid=1026

now i can get the first for around $70-75 canadian shipped. The second is.. $90 shipped. Which do you guys think i should choose im kind of ... well i never pay attention to power supplies. lol

alrighty then, thanks i will consider picking it up later tonight.

However as "good" as newegg may be i never use it because they are lame as heck and dont ship to canada. what a bunch of bums....

I too suggest the AX500-A - the 530W is very nice, but not built for 12v oriented systems.

NCIX is about the best place to get FSP in Canada. I know a few other places with good prices too, but NCIX has the selection others don't.

Yeah i ordered it... shipping was ahem... not cheap to say the least. but hell with my new RAID card i can free up SATA ports 1+2 and overclock back up. perhaps get way passed 2.5ghz cause i was @ 23C last time i hit that speed.

Back