• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Service Pack do you have installed for XP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What XP Service Pack do you have installed?

• None

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Service Pack 1

Votes: 134 28.9%
  • Service Pack 2

Votes: 309 66.6%
  • I scoff at Windows.

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters
Dang!!! Sweetest XP install to date.

I just installed my slipsteamed XPproSP2 CD for the first time and everything onboard was detected/installed including the NIC on my wife's Shuttle SFF SB65G2. Only things I had to install separately was a PCI sound card and the wireless LAN communication module that comes with this box. Five Stars out of five :thup:

I use SP1, with as many sporadic prolems that I have with my comps I just dont trust, nor see the need, for upgrading to SP2. As well as having to fix problems at customers caused by them installing SP2. So Im gonna stick to SP1 for a while I think. atleast another month or so, I also dont like some of the interfaces/utility changes that SP2 makes on XP. Stuff is a bit too cluttered for my tastes.

SP2.. w/ all security features disabled and got rid of the warning that they give you if its off. :) hahaha

sp2 = better load time + i like some new features(as long as their crappy firewall is off) and dx9c(even though i have the redistributeable)

I tried installing service pack 2 and the rig stopped working entirely. :bang head I am sure that it is not a 'bad' service pack, but I have also heard too many horror stories of blown operating systems.
A friend of mine installed SP2 on his system with no problems, but it does seem to run funny now, not exactly sure how-but it is different...

SP2 - the integrated popup block is great. It doesn't interfere with my usage at all. Increased security .... works great for me.

SP2 is crap, nothing but problems, even on a clean slipstreamed install.

Back on SP1 here.

I'm on SP2, but it's wrecked my laptops SpeedStep settings. Wants to run at the lowest frequency all the time now, regardless of whether I set it to "Always On" or not.

If I have to do another reinstall anytime soon, I'll stop with SP1.

Running SP2 right now. No major problems I have found with it yet other then some appliactions I have won't connect to the internet after I installed it...due to the new security features.

grimm003 said:
Anybody know where I can download serive pack 1?

If you have SP2 installed you can go into Add/Remove programs and uninstall it and you should go back down to SP1. Correct me if I am wrong, but I am 99% sure that will get you back to SP1.

I don't think you can download it.

Back