• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which tygon tubing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just saying this because I was gnna buy a MCP655 from a guy who has been running it for 2 years and had the water sit for 6months. for $45 bucks. Is it worth it???

I just saw this weekend a brand new MCP655 vario at Microcenter in Atlanta for $70. I wouldn't buy a pump with that amount of use for $45. The impeller chamber is easy enough to clean out.

I just saw this weekend a brand new MCP655 vario at Microcenter in Atlanta for $70. I wouldn't buy a pump with that amount of use for $45. The impeller chamber is easy enough to clean out.

Yeah true. I'll just buy a new one... Thanks guys.

QUESTION:

Since i am getting this tubing. Do I still need additives like Antifreeze and whatnot???

Totally UV and light impenetrable
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/ty7id9odlatu.html

No biocide equals potential problems and another "I have green stuff or whatever growing in my loop".

One or two drops of $4 fish aquarium algaecide with a few drops of povidone-iodine equals absolutely no problems.

^Yeah but isn't it "light" that causes this. With this tubing it does not let light in. Would I still have a problem.

But yes as you said, good idea to do few drops of algaecide and providone iodine... :D

See the part number (5233K44)? Go to www.mcmaster.com and put that in the product search box to the left.

Edit: Holy damn, the prices are high on this stuff now. It's not any Tygon, but it's at $.44/ft! When I got my 20ft of MasterKleer 7/16", it was at $.28/ft.

yah and 25ft is minimum order... hmmm any other ideas on cheap but good tubing? i had that Watts crap from Lowes hardware and it would kink easily

yah and 25ft is minimum order... hmmm any other ideas on cheap but good tubing? i had that Watts crap from Lowes hardware and it would kink easily

I haven't ordered tubing from Mcmaster in a while as I bought a bunch a while back and just now saw that 25 foot min on the 7/16" Masterkleer. That stinks. You can get it from Petras for 49c a foot. http://www.petrastechshop.com/7id5odmagepu.html

hey so i take it taht going 7/16 would be a little tighter fit around 1/2 barbs correct? this could help me out since i used to have minor leaks between them with typical 1/2 id hose...

25ft was minimum order when I ordered 20ft of it a while back, they still sent it to me and charged me for only 20ft.

I ended up buying the
Tygon R-3400 7/16" ID 9/16" OD

Will it be hard to fit over the 1/2'' barbs???

since its black, should i do a clear T-line, or just a micro res....?

Could any of you guys with the black tubing send me a pic of your rig? I wanna see what it looks like installed.

Last edited:
It's not too hard to slip over the barbs. As for the pics, I will have to take a few tomorrow and post them for you as my wife is sleeping right now and I would have to rummage around for the digicam and disturb her.

Yes finished pics. I will have the water cooling up and running in about a month, possibly 2.

I will post final pics in the water cooling section.

Here's a pic of my watercooled rig. You will have to excuse the wiring as it's kind of sloppy right now. I had some problems with the ATX connector not making contact in the socket well and the rig shutting down randomly. I think I have it sorted out now though.

13008037awj3.jpg

Yeah, I use a home made res that I built out of a weatherproof PVC electrical box and brass piping. You can see it to the right of my Eheim pump and you can see the brass return line that feeds back into the reservoir. Unless you have a very big case like this Antec SX1200 series, you probably wouldn't want to build one like mine as it takes up 3 bay slots.

Back