• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which widescreen monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gotchya

Registered
I've seen quite a few positive reviews on the Dell 2005FPW, the 2007WFP and the ViewSonic VX2025WM. I will be using it mostly for games and browsing the internet, but I will also occasionally watch movies and do homework among other things.
I would like to choose between the three because of the postitve ratings, but I am willing to take suggestions.

Only problem the 2005FPW really has is bleeding. I had three panels all of them had bad bleeding in the corners. Couldnt tell on a bright screen but on a very dark screen you could see it and it was annoying to me. Some people dont mind it though.

I dont know about the 2007 or the viewsonic models.

the 2005fpw has backlight bleeding and the 2007 has color banding. Im not really a fan of dell monitors anymore. I had to return my 2005 5x to get one that still has issues with backlighting, but at least it this last one doesnt have dead pixels. If you go to Dells website and look at their messageboard, you'll see tons of complaints. I personally would choose the viewsonic right now

i just got a 2007wfp. it is working GREAT so far, extra desktop space is wonderful. no backlight bleeding, no ghosting either in game, excellent color quality and text crispness. only issue i have even *heard* about is the banding issue, which i did run a test, but the banding was only minimal, and i have not noticed it at any other time then the actual test.

So far it seems like I am leaning towards the ViewSonic. I have heard tons of positive reviews and it is much cheaper. But, the Dells seem like really good monitors as well.
Any final suggestions? I think I will buy the Viewsonic within the week if I am not talked out of it...

gotchya said:
So far it seems like I am leaning towards the ViewSonic. I have heard tons of positive reviews and it is much cheaper. But, the Dells seem like really good monitors as well.
Any final suggestions? I think I will buy the Viewsonic within the week if I am not talked out of it...

If you do get the viewsonic could you give us all a review, its a monitor none of us really know any thing about :). I like the looks of the Dells, other than that I don't really care from what I hear about them.

Back