• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

White LED strip

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bww794

Registered
Need an LED strip that will span 2 inside walls of the case (or 2 that will span 1 wall each). Just white, no RGB or anything that requires a controller. Preferably magnetic as opposed to adhesive. Any suggestions? I saw BitFenix's Alchemy and Alchemy 2.0, but Alchemy looks to be just adhesive and Alchemy 2.0 is RGB with a controller. Ultimately, the solution cannot involve an ARGB header on the mobo as those are non-existent in this scenario.

That board doesn't have an aRGB header on the bottom next to the other one? Is it in use, but exists?

it's not for my Zenith Extreme. its for an old 990FX board. header doesn't exist.

yes, it would work, but I'm not interested in paying more for shipping than the product itself. $20 flat rate shipping for something that weighs a few ounces is absurd and I won't prop up that business practice with my wallet.

Then I would suggest looking for some place that has what you need for less. It's out there. I simply googled magnetic white LED strip. :)

It's not the cost, I'm no cheapskate if my signature didn't give it away. But at the same time, i know a bad deal when I see one and $20 flat rate shipping on an $18 LED strip that weighs less than a pound is a bad deal. for $20, it better be on my porch when I get home. I'll just keep looking. Cablemod has some stuff on newegg, unfortunately, that's not one of them.

I get it...Just saying its out there if you look. I don't know what you want/don't want to pay for it/shipping, so I don't want to spit ball other options... you can do that yourself since you know. :)

I actually wound up buying those. 30cm was actually so long that i only needed 1 so i put the other one in my gf's computer when she wasn't home. she got quite the surprise when she turned her pc on. Lets just hope the price is not a reflection of quality and they last for a while.

P_20190320_210509_1.jpg

I actually wound up buying those. 30cm was actually so long that i only needed 1 so i put the other one in my gf's computer when she wasn't home. she got quite the surprise when she turned her pc on. Lets just hope the price is not a reflection of quality and they last for a while.

View attachment 205021
From reading the reviews it looks like they will work well and last as long as you have a strong enough PSU to provide them with full power.

Last edited:
Back