• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who Makes The Best RAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Who makes the best RAM?

• Micron/Crucial

Votes: 169 11.5%
  • OCZ

Votes: 363 24.6%
  • Samsung

Votes: 17 1.2%
  • Mushkin

Votes: 137 9.3%
  • Corsair

Votes: 384 26.1%
  • Nanya

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Geil

Votes: 46 3.1%
  • Infineon

Votes: 2 0.1%
  • Kingston

Votes: 50 3.4%
  • GSkill

Votes: 191 13.0%
  • Patriot

Votes: 50 3.4%
  • Adata

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • PQI

Votes: 12 0.8%
  • Twinmos

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • Wintec

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • Other Stuff

Votes: 39 2.6%

• Total voters
lol your right about OCZ and looks , but ive owned a pair of the Flex OCZ and i returned them so damn quick , it pretty much CUT the flow out of my loop ... lol

im guessing with that ram you MUST have a seperate loop for it -.-

lol your right about OCZ and looks , but ive owned a pair of the Flex OCZ and i returned them so damn quick , it pretty much CUT the flow out of my loop ... lol

im guessing with that ram you MUST have a seperate loop for it -.-

If by loop you mean separate frequency, yes. I can set the ram clock at a ratio of the fsb. I have an 'old' board by computer standards, that being anything older than a year from beginning of production. I use an Abit IP35 Pro and find it quite adequate for now. When the new i7 chips and boards start getting reasonable in price I may upgrade, but theres still plenty of speed in the Abit I haven't tapped yet. I use a q8200 cpu o/c'ed to 2.9ghz.

corsair

ive used other ram and had problems with it reading and then having issues with it not working, i have never had an issue with corsair, they make good fast ram. and they do pretty well when it comes to overclocking.

If by loop you mean separate frequency, yes. I can set the ram clock at a ratio of the fsb. I have an 'old' board by computer standards, that being anything older than a year from beginning of production. I use an Abit IP35 Pro and find it quite adequate for now. When the new i7 chips and boards start getting reasonable in price I may upgrade, but theres still plenty of speed in the Abit I haven't tapped yet. I use a q8200 cpu o/c'ed to 2.9ghz.

NO, OCZ flex is watercooled... loop = watercooling loop not freq.

The gap between the 1st thread and this thread is around 3 years; this thread is almost 4 years old now.

My pick in this order (double line means is far better)

Super Talent

Mushkin
Corsair - G Skill - Wintec
Patriot
OZC - Geil
Kingston

P.S.: Make a new thread

Hey, I'm changing my vote from however many years ago I cast it. After buying OCZ for my the last 5 builds I am done with them. I think they are starting to live off their good name, which means it won't be good all that much longer. Next time it's Corsair or GSkill for me.

R7 :beer:

Aren't Gskill, OCZ, Corsair simply resellers?

The only chip manufacturers I know are:

Hynix
Samsung
Micron Tech.
TwinMOS

Aren't Gskill, OCZ, Corsair simply resellers?

The only chip manufacturers I know are:

Hynix
Samsung
Micron Tech.
TwinMOS

You are basically correct about the chips, but there is much more that goes into making the ram itself. The PCB, binning and quality control can make a world of difference. That's where the brands come into play.

R7 :beer:

I may be hated for it, but I voted for Crucial. I haven't had any problems with several sets of D9's. Hopefully it stays that way.

I've used Crucial in the past as well, and never had any problems. In fact, Crucial was the first company I ever bought RAM from.

Back