• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who makes the different 7900 cards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brando

Is it like before when Nvidia made all the cards at first? I'm trying to figure out if theres any reason not to buy a PNY 7900GTX for $500 over an EVGA for $540.

Brando said:
Is it like before when Nvidia made all the cards at first? I'm trying to figure out if theres any reason not to buy a PNY 7900GTX for $500 over an EVGA for $540.

there really isnt a reason to buy the eVGA over the PNY unless the eVGA is clocked faster out of the box and you dont want to OC.

eVGA has always yeilded the best overclocks for me, with 6800 and 7800, leadtek are good clockers.

ME personally I tend to stick with eVGA and Leadtek, if i was in the market for a 7900gtx I would probably get the PNY before BFG, XFX or any other.

Some people swear by XFX and BFG, I have always found them to run hotter and just seem cheaper built in some way.

nvidia just makes the chips and has the reference design, its up to the companies to produce them. I would go with evga over any other brand due to their awsome warrent, support, and step-up program. I would however look elsewhere since you can usually find the evga gtx vanillia for around 500.

Where can I get it for $500? I just typed in 7900gtx on yahoo and all I got was $599.99 at monarch via pricegrabber.

well it looks like there is some price inflation right now. When they were first released, they were only 499. Evga has them for that price, but they are backordered.

Back