• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why is CPU-Z not reading CPU right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trickson69

This is so annoying every time I power up my system then go into CPU-Z to check CPU speed it is reading it at stock speed???
Do a restart and fire up CPU-Z again and it reads the CPU core speeds at the OC I set in the bios. WTF is going on???
So frustrating! :mad:

CPU-Z not reading right..jpg

Is it the only program which shows stock speed? What does hwmonitor say? Coretemp? Realtemp? Did you confirm if it is cpuz only? Tried reinstalling it?

Is it the only program which shows stock speed? What does hwmonitor say? Coretemp? Realtemp? Did you confirm if it is cpuz only? Tried reinstalling it?

correct.jpg

Here it is after a restart!
No just this Sorry excuse for a reader. LOL.
Are any of them up to date at all?

Ironically the only thing that is reading right is the CPU core Voltage LMFAO! What a JOKE! Nothing seems to what it should be..

Well it is not the software it has to be in the bios some thing is preventing even hwmonitor is doing this. Crap I hate this!

Ok I figured it out!

Deep in the BIOS there is some CPU settings for the Pstate they were auto set them to custom (Not changing the setting that come up) and walla! Now it is even BOOTING up way faster! OMG there is more to tweak on this GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 MB than I ever knew. Well off I go to tweak town!!!

this is more like it..jpg

Last edited:
Back