• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why is Hardware so expensive in Germany versus UK/USA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jaiel

Registered
Hello,

I want to buy a waterpump : XSPC D5 Photon 270. But here is one issue I quiet dont get my head around.

On Amazon.com for example this pump costs only 170$ thats approx. 165€ here in Germany. Now I tried to buy it from there but I simply can't!!!

On Amazon.de, the german site, this pump costs 205€, so 40€ more (43 $). Why for gods sake?

I've read many questions from guys in brazil or so where hardware even costs much more compared to the US-prices.

Can anyone tell me what the F is this? I mean what is this whole globalization thing for if you cant buy from other markets around the world?

thx Jaiel

Hello,

I want to buy a waterpump : XSPC D5 Photon 270. But here is one issue I quiet dont get my head around.

On Amazon.com for example this pump costs only 170$ thats approx. 165€ here in Germany. Now I tried to buy it from there but I simply can't!!!

On Amazon.de, the german site, this pump costs 205€, so 40€ more (43 $). Why for gods sake?

I've read many questions from guys in brazil or so where hardware even costs much more compared to the US-prices.

Can anyone tell me what the F is this? I mean what is this whole globalization thing for if you cant buy from other markets around the world?

thx Jaiel

Different country policies, i.e. more duties, fees and taxes. More socialized countries will have higher taxes because of "Free" things than others that don't, for example.

Have you tried other sites like aquatuning.de or aquacomputer.de?

Some of it has to do with VAT taxes, some with exchange rates, and some of it has to do with the prices that manufacturers set for products in various markets.

Honda manufactures the 3 row SUV I just bought in Tennessee. They export the vehicle from that factory to Canada for sale where it has more features and sells for the equivalent of $4k less when you figure in the exchange rates. Same exact scenario as you are experiencing with the cooling hardware.

Back