• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why such a temp difference?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

almstsobur

Hey all, any idea why I get a 11C different reading from "Core Temp" and "Asus Probe" ? Core temp shows me as being well within a safe range, and Asus Probe shows me being scary hot.

Look at the Pic, what do I belive?

Attachments

• tempwhy.JPG
    tempwhy.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 81
Software readings are never very accurate and always show quite the range of temperatures depending on the sensor it is reading from. Your findings are (unfortunately) not out of the ordinary. I've seen many software temperature readings about 10 degrees off in one direction or another. The best way to test your temperatures is to get a little temperature probe and monitor it manually...
LINKY

gvblake22 said:
Software readings are never very accurate and always show quite the range of temperatures depending on the sensor it is reading from. Your findings are (unfortunately) not out of the ordinary. I've seen many software temperature readings about 10 degrees off in one direction or another. The best way to test your temperatures is to get a little temperature probe and monitor it manually...
LINKY

Wow, those are cheap enough, I'll pick one of those up. One more question here, you see where CPU-Z is saying 1.3?? volts. In my BIOS it was set at 1.5?? volt, any idea what is more accurate on voltage?

Maybe update your version of CPU-Z if you havent already and in the config file or whatever is in the CPU-Z folder, open it, change the v reader value to different numbers, like 0, 1, 2 and so on, until it is the right voltage.

almstsobur said:
Wow, those are cheap enough, I'll pick one of those up. One more question here, you see where CPU-Z is saying 1.3?? volts. In my BIOS it was set at 1.5?? volt, any idea what is more accurate on voltage?

Post your config in your sig, that would help a bit.

Also, motherboard monitor is a nice program to monitor voltages/temps. As mentioned, software isn't always the best. I would trust your motherboard reading (in BIOS) before anything else.

Back