• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will I go far ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think Im going to wait till January and get those 1 GB Buses and those 4.0 Ghz Processers and get DD2 RAM, what do u guys suggest?

Dont get the PC 4200 memory. Even if you have a D1 stepping PC 3200 will be enough. Remember the multiplier is 18 on the processor you have, this will run up to 3600.

Last edited:
PC4200 RAM will work in any mobo that supports DDR RAM. My AI7 and IC7 only "officially" support PC3200, but I've used PC3000, PC3200, PC3500, PC4000, and PC4200 RAM in them. That said, if you have a 533 bus 2.4, you don't need PC4200 at all. But, if you plan to migrate the RAM to a new system someday in the future, then it might be worth it. But, PC3200 will work just fine. Want a good mobo? Abit AI7.

I think I will just get a case for now, and wait till new products are released. Since there is going to be so much change. Anybody with me ?

Well guys I think I am going to get a 3.4 Ghz LGA775 processor when the price drops and then try to overclock it to about 4 Ghz Max, and I will try to get a Corsair Hydro Cool kit. Well thanx for everything guys, if it was not for you guys I would have ended up buying these components and regreting it.

And are you trying to tell me that any board will support any RAM, I got a D845PESV board now will it support PC4200 ?

musawi, your post was a little confusing about your present system's components. The Intel board you have has no provisions to overclock and only supports PC2700. You will be limited to a software overclocking.

Back