• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will I have issues with that having this much of RAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Riggah

Registered
Here's me again asking things that I thought I knew, but apparently I don't... Here's the thing. First of all I am building new PC - that's ok. The rig will be i7 4790k, 16gb of ram, ASRock Extreme4 z97, 1TB hard, GTX970 and 128gb SSD, so far I don't know which one I will take. Anyway, that's not the point. The point is, due to financial issues, I will be buying only the motherboard, the videocard, the mechanical HDD, the processor and 8 gbs of ram.
So what I want to ask is - because of me buying only 8 gigs of ram, and not the whole 16 at first, will that be some kinda be an issue? I mean, I will be running quite good processor and GPU. The other memory block I will be buying it basically next month around that time. Same with the SSD. I can't get it RIGHT IN THIS very moment, but I will get it one month from now. So, in the end - Will I have any problems with me having 8 gigs single channel RAM and mechanical HDD for one month, or I can do it without any having any issues?

P.S. I've messed up with the tittle of the thread, so I want to be excused, because I don't know how to fix it.

So, in the end - Will I have any problems with me having 8 gigs single channel RAM and mechanical HDD for one month, or I can do it without any having any issues?
Not at all. You'll have no issues.

you'll have no issues, just reorder the same sku.
even if you do install a slightly mixed ram set the boards can cover a slight error, ahhhhh, of course I've never done that my self. (lol)

you'll have no issues, just reorder the same sku.
even if you do install a slightly mixed ram set the boards can cover a slight error, ahhhhh, of course I've never done that my self. (lol)

The ram I will be having is - HyperX Fury 1866 MhZ 8 gigabytes. Next month another block of the same.
What about the HDD, thought? I mean, since I won't have any other drives I have to install windows on the mechanical, does that mean that I have to reinstall it whenever I get the SSD, or I can somehow "transfer it" on the SSD. That's also really important to me, because I don't know much about SSDs, to be honest.

P.S. Thanks for the fast answers buddys! :)

HyperX Fury is Hynix MFR based and it's quite new so you should find the same kits without problems in couple of weeks/months. If not then there is a lot of Hynix MFR memory kits on the market so can always find similar memory.

You can clone your system to other drive. If SSD will be 2nd drive then you don't have to do anything.
With 120-128GB space I would recommend to keep system on HDD and install games and other things on SSD. System will load longer but later all important files will be in RAM so it shouldn't affect general performance much ( if you run programs from SSD ).

HyperX Fury is Hynix MFR based and it's quite new so you should find the same kits without problems in couple of weeks/months. If not then there is a lot of Hynix MFR memory kits on the market so can always find similar memory.

You can clone your system to other drive. If SSD will be 2nd drive then you don't have to do anything.
With 120-128GB space I would recommend to keep system on HDD and install games and other things on SSD. System will load longer but later all important files will be in RAM so it shouldn't affect general performance much ( if you run programs from SSD ).

What I was thinking is - having the system on the SSD, and rest, games,3rd party software etc. on the HDD. And of course, some programs such as photoshop, or cinema 4D will be on the SSD as well. And, by what you said, I have to make it clear - I'll be making the SSD 1st drive as system drive, as I said, and the HDD as storage. :)

Sounds kind of like i'm doing for my first build when my retro check comes in, I will have just my operating system and anti virus as well as the updates on my ssd then all my games and programs on my storage drive.

Back