• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will my system be able to run Crysis 3 with a Geforce 650Ti ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xintensex

Registered
I I just got Crysis 3 and GeForce 650TI for my bday and just wanna be sure that my pc and Video Card will be ok for this game also My Corsiar GS 700 Power Supply, it says GeForce Needs 400 Watts!!! I am I gonna need a new Power Supply also is the 650 TI good enough to play with my system? Thx

My System:
Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Processor (CPU): Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800 Power Supply (PSU): CORSAIR GS700 Graphics Card (GPU): Geforce 650TI

Last edited:
Your fine. They list super oversized PSU requirements because half the stuff out there wont make 60% of its rating. That CM PSU isnt the greatest but with a sandybridge, and a 650 you still have PLENTY of power leftover.

Well lets try and do some Maths here! :shrug: ;)

1, TDP 2500K 95 WATTS

2, TDP 650TI 110 WATTS

3, For the rest of your System 40 WATTS

4, = 245 WATTS + OC 260 WATTS Total !

Well that 700 Watt PSU should do that all day long. :thup:

Ok Great what about the vid card ? Is that gonna be ok or should I just play it on my Xbox lol

yup I guess ill play it on Xbox lol and take this card back to store I guess !!

no i wouldnt id play it on the pc . even with low to medium settings at 1080p with 60fps will blow away 720p at 25fps to 30fps on the xbox . i carnt realy speck for crysis 3 but my son has crysis 2 on the xbox and its very lagy with its frames . all most unplayable for me .

Should I get ATI Chipset Vid card? Are they more bang for the buck ?

the 7850 is a good bang for your buck card at the mo . and its around the same price as has the 650ti well it is at least here in the uk . your gs700w is a good psu you could run any gpu out there on it with your set up no probs .

I like your GTX 650 Ti. It's a tad faster than 1 of my GTX 460 1GB but you CANNOT SLI them. This is why I'd stay away from them. I run Crysis 3 on high at 1680x1050 with 2x AA just fine. 8xAA is a slide-show!:drool:

Well lets try and do some Maths here! :shrug: ;)

1, TDP 2500K 95 WATTS

2, TDP 650TI 110 WATTS

3, For the rest of your System 40 WATTS

4, = 245 WATTS + OC 260 WATTS Total !

Well that 700 Watt PSU should do that all day long. :thup:
im pretty sure this is wrong, tdp has to do with cooling the cpu and gpu package. it has nothing to do with power draw, though it can help to indicate how much more power it might need. cause if that was the case dell wouldnt have been able to provide 250watt psus (crappy ones at that) with quad core lga775 systems back in the day(k maybe they were dual cores instead, in computer time this is ages ago.)

Why can't you Sli these cards?

because the 650Ti doesnt have a sli bridge connector on the pcb. though one would think a bridge-less sli would be possible given how much faster pcie 3.0 is and how much more bw there is as well. with that in mind and how much lower grunt this card is compared to its larger siblings it should/would work.

I think it does refer to power.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_design_power

The thermal design power (TDP), sometimes called thermal design point, refers to the maximum amount of power the cooling system in a computer is required to dissipate. The TDP is typically not the most power the chip could ever draw, such as by a power virus, but rather the maximum power that it would draw when running "real applications". This ensures the computer will be able to handle essentially all applications without exceeding its thermal envelope, or requiring a cooling system for the maximum theoretical power (which would cost more but in favor of extra headroom for processing power).

The dynamic power consumed by a switching circuit is approximately proportional to the square of the voltage.

I think it does refer to power.
power usage? if yes then read the highlighted sections from that which you posted.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_design_power

The thermal design power (TDP), sometimes called thermal design point, refers to the maximum amount of power the cooling system in a computer is required to dissipate. The TDP is typically not the most power the chip could ever draw, such as by a power virus, but rather the maximum power that it would draw when running "real applications". This ensures the computer will be able to handle essentially all applications without exceeding its thermal envelope, or requiring a cooling system for the maximum theoretical power (which would cost more but in favor of extra headroom for processing power).

The dynamic power consumed by a switching circuit is approximately proportional to the square of the voltage.
i will also say that the rest after the bolded part does confuse matters. how ever if you buy a cpu then look at cpu coolers. remember looking for ones touting they were able to cool 95watt cpus or only being limited to 65watt ones.

even if we say yes it is power usage, thoerical max isnt something to really go by. with gaming the full usage of the cpu is just not happening, ever, unless you like gaming at 720p or lower. yet you sport a rather strong gpu, that would negate the fact of buying the gpu. even in the lower res though to put more on the cpu, you would still never max it for power usage. the entire cpu or entire die would never be all active at once in gaming. there are to many other "people" on the die that dont handle gaming workloads.

*edit*
not tring to start any thing, i know i have been out for a while here. maybe intel has changed what TDP means for all i know. i just know that psu's for certian rigs i see now a days are way to big.

Back