• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will this fit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Should fit I am running this a cooler master hyper 212+ with these dimensions on my 900. 120 x 79.7 x 158.5 mm (L x W x H). It sits ab a half inch away from the window. I couldn't put my side fan on though bc it hit the cooler.

After some readng I am leaning to the 212! For only $30 it seems like a great deal plus It seems to work well too! My question is on the Antec 902 does
the mobo have to be removed to install the backplate? I see on the underside of my case I can see the holes for the heatsink mount. That would be awsome if I do not have to remove it.

Does anyone know if I will have to remove my mobo to install the heatsink?

It does have a backplate. Im just wondering if I will have to pull my mobo out to install it? I can see the bottom of the mobo under the cpu. I was just wondering if I could install it without pulling the mobo out.

you should install as much on your mobo as you can before putting it in so you dont have to worry about pressure stress when pushing on it to insert memory/hsf etc

though from the looks of it the mobo will need to have the hsf on before install.. doesnt look like theres an opening for it.. haf922/932 has it!

Maybe a picture will be better. Here is the bottom of the CPU. The only thing is the top two look like they may be a bit tricky to mount. It should be here in a few days so I will know then for sure. But Im just trying to get an idea now.

P2100044.JPG

oh.. well never mind then.. the fact that the 2 top ones are semi hidden might work to you as a bonus as the backplate might fit snugly up there and you nto need to hold both the front and back of the mobo while putting the hsf on..

it couldnt hurt to try to see if you can do it w/o removing it all, you aren't going to break it unless you are forcing it up in there

Back