• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

will this PSU power my 4890

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaitlin4599

hello i need to know if the psu i have will power my HD 4890 gpu i cant buy a better psu untill next months when i get paid as im on dissability heres the specs for the psu btw since the 4890 requires 2 6 pin pcie and since my psu has only 1 6 pin pcie im using a molex to pcie 6 pin adapter to power the gpu all i need to know is will this psu work with my video card for gaming and surfing the net untill i can buy a better more stronger psu

Model
Brand
Antec
Model
EA380
Series
earthwatts

Spec
Type
ATX12V v2.0
Maximum Power
380W Continuous Power
Fans
1 x 80mm low noise cooling fan
PFC
Active
Main Connector
20+4Pin
+12V Rails
PCI-Express Connector
1 x 6-Pin
SATA Power Connector
SLI
No
CrossFire
No
Modular
No
Efficiency
> 80%
Energy-Efficient
80 PLUS Certified
Input Voltage
100 - 240 V
Input Frequency Range
50/60 Hz
Input Current
6A
Output
+3.3V@20A,+5V@20A,+12V1@17A,+12V2@17A,[email protected],[email protected]
Approvals
UL, CUL, FCC, TUV, CE, CB, C-tick, CCC

Last edited:
HD4890 from XFX and i cant purchase a new psu till next month as im on dissability and dont get paid for another 2 weeks i also bought a 2 molex to 6 pin pcie adapter as well

nope cpu is at the stock 3.01Ghz also heres a link to the psu i have

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371005

i bought a 650 watt psu off ebay new in the box and it keeps shutting off when i play games so i wanted to know if the earthwatts psu io have as a spare would power my settup till i can afford a new psu in case you need more info i am running an athlon 64 x2 6000+ 125 watt cpu 1 1TB standard sata hard drive 1 sata dvd rom and 1 80mm led side cooling fan for the case and 4 1 gig ddr2 800 mhz memory sticks

will it allow me to play games even with all the other stuff i have being powered by said psu

Antec is a good PSU. My brother has the exact model PSU you have, which is powering his AMD 7770 gpu.

Back