• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 10 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WrkBoot

I'm on Win 7 on both of my rigs and want to upgrade to Wim 10 to the newest one. I downloaded the windows file and have loaded win 10 on another drive. I tried to input my old activation numbers and it failed to accept them. I've read that I can use my old activation number to activate it for a legit copy of windows is this still true?:confused:

Well, I got Windows 10 going and its activated with my old Win7 numbers. So fare it pretty good "OTHER THEN" ALL the password sh1t......

Well, I got Windows 10 going and its activated with my old Win7 numbers. So fare it pretty good "OTHER THEN" ALL the password sh1t......
If you signed in to MS account it should allow you to sign in with a 4 digit pin, instead of a password...That is the only password I am asked for and only on a restart.(Which is rare on 24/7 PC)

I always stay disconnected from the internet when doing a windows install, and tell the installation that I dont have internet and just load up with a local account.

I find if I sign into MS in a new install (and I am not going to use the old install) It asks if I had hardware changes and than activates my old Windows key...Even tho it is 100% changed hardware. I have transferred the same key three times. So that is why I use my MS account tho that is also when it asks if I want to use a pin instead of the password...If it can do that with out signing in disregard my previous post.:thup:

Back