• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 7 BSOD - DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nd4spdbh2

OK guys i built a computer for a client...

16gb of ram
i7 3770k
GTX 660 TI
Intel 480GB ssd

Win 7 64bit sp1 fully updated. The comp works fine But the problem comes when its woken out of sleep the following BSOD occurs

==================================================
Dump File : 020913-12058-01.dmp
Crash Time : 2/9/2013 10:34:41 PM
Bug Check String : DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
Bug Check Code : 0x000000c4
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000091
Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000002
Parameter 3 : fffff800`02fffcc0
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : nvlddmkm.sys
Caused By Address : nvlddmkm.sys+1d6757
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\020913-12058-01.dmp
Processors Count : 8
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 293,600
==================================================

Now its obvious to me its a nvidia gfx driver problem due to the .sys file... so i have tried doing a clean install of the latest 310.90 driver as well as the 310.70 driver and both produce the same BSOD if the computer is let to sleep for a couple of hours.

Does anyone have any idea what i should be looking for / do to fix this issue? could it be a bad graphics card? The card itself does not artifact with furmark.

Looks like there is a BIOS update for it... ill try that when i get the computer in my hands. In the mean time where else should i look becides graphics card driver. Obviously i am limited as to what i can diagnose as i do not have the computer infront of me.... a quick memtest maybe swap of the graphics card would give me a definitive answer i know.

OK got the computer in hand... its a bad graphics card... brand new. Tested it in my rig and the same symptoms occurred.

My first messed up brand new gfx card.... a gigabyte 660 TI ... weird thing though, no artifacts what so ever in furmark stressing the hell out of it... but put any comp to sleep then power it back up and you either get a BSOD or a "displayed driver recovered from a kernel crash"

bro i think the "remedy" that you can do for now is to downgrade your nvidia driver to 290.xx. this is what i did early this morning. i'm having the same problem as yours. "THE SAME" it's not a bad graphics card. It think there's a windows update that conflicts nvidia's latest driver.. very sad :(

My 560ti works just fine in both my rig and my clients... 660 ti has all sorts of issues coming out of sleep etc. Its the card.

Back