• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win XP running on 1/2 cores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DELLmanCze

Registered
Hello OCs
I have old AMD Athlon x2 4200+ (90nm Windsor) . Its very nice , but i have unstable one core "core:1" , i want make system running on a stable core "core:0" and other apps can use both cores.

Now i fixing the problem by starting taskmgr as system and manualy set Affinity of system processes except idle processes. I want permanent fix - something like: "auto affinity" for system processes if possible.

Thanks Joseph

Click on the "Start" button lower left corner of destop and type in "msconfig" in the Run dialog box. Go to the "Advanced" tab and check the boxes for both CPU cores. I hope what I'm telling us is correct. It's been a long time since I was running XP but I know its something like that.

Thanks
My system isnt Running at one core atm. and i know how to enable/disable cores via msconfig. I need system running on "core:0" and other application on both cores "core:0,1" because some operations are unstable on "core:1" and causing crashes of the OS. Net , Programs , Games etc. running very stable on both cores , with affinity to "core:1" too works great - only system runs bad. Through taskmgr i can setup affinity of system process to stable core except "system idle processes" and make the system stable until next start. I want "permanent fix" , so if you have some ideas please write :)

Thanks very much
Joseph

Back