• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win10 and Office 360 issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Toddc72

Registered
Just got new laptop with 10 on it. Office 360 was included for a year. What I am beating my head on is this stupid saving setup in Office. Now as of February they force you to save to one drive. There is no way I want to save it to one drive for all to see if they want. That means Microsoft or anyone else. None of their business what I type or what not. Every work around I have found online is for versions before February of this year. Typical my luck. Finally get something new and now getting screwed over by it ... Grrr. There has to be a setting I am missing I am sure I could change. Older version I found they had you go into resources and mod it to "0" and than it would ask you where to save it too. I have used search engines on laptop looking for the files and can't find it anywhere. So here I am .. to ask the computer tweaker Gods how to solve this issue if they have a work around? Always love reading on the site and learning but do not post much. You guys are way above anything I can image but I do like to tinker just not extreme like you guys do. Thanks again for any help.

Todd

You're kidding me! Microsoft Office 360 now requires you to save to My Documents but only to One Drive? Well, if that's the case, you know $$ is behind that as you only get 5gb free storage on One Drive. After that, it more $$. Of course, MS will pass it off as a benefit to the customer in that "your documents will never be lost."

I've got 365 and you can save it anywhere.

Wondering what the OP has tried so far as all i see on search are ways around it. I also wonder if he's paying for it or not.

With the license, storage on one drive is 1TB.

And with the family edition, it is 6 accounts with 1TB for each.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

I've got 365 and you can save it anywhere.

Wondering what the OP has tried so far as all i see on search are ways around it. I also wonder if he's paying for it or not.
Same here.

I recently installed 365 version at home for work, I can still save anywhere....

To save Office documents to your local folders by default, use these steps:
1. Open an Office app, such as Word.
2. Create a new blank document.
3. Click on File.
4. Click on Options.
5. Click on Save.
6. Under the "Save documents" section, check the Save to Computer by default option.
7. Click the OK button.

Sorry for not getting back sooner on this. No time lately to work with new laptop. Just messed with it for a bit right now. This is just for a year as a deal when I got the laptop with Office. Already can't use it either unless online. That is an issue right there for me too.. Not looking good with Office so far. CJUSTIN that can not work on new one. Trying to get the screen print I took of it. No longer that option and they telling you it being saved to ONE only.

Attachments

• pic22.bmp
    3 MB · Views: 93
Download a Copy might work for storing it offline but it doesn't look ideal.

On the online office, can you go to My Account -> Apps and Devices? Is there an option to download a local copy of Office there?

(I should add - I use a work-supplied version of Office so I don't have an option to download a local copy from online and have to use a specific IT-supplied installer, but I think for personal versions you may be able to download local versions of the apps?)

Download a copy... isnt that it? There are 3 options there to save it on a PC...

Does it have to store in the cloud first to do that?

Is your install local?

'Download a copy to your Computer'

It looks like this isn't a local install of the software and you're using the web-based version. Try downloading the full installer and installing.

'Download a copy to your Computer'

It looks like this isn't a local install of the software and you're using the web-based version. Try downloading the full installer and installing.
Exactly. That's within Edge I believe.

There is a way to do an offline/local installation of office I am now seeing so you don't have to use it online. I'd imagine it will work as Janus said, local install allows local offline use and local saves.

Will try to do it as a local download. Wonder why it never asked about online or download to computer. Maybe because was a deal with Best Buy on it. Will delete it out and try it again. Have nothing in it on my system so not really out if something goes wrong on it. See what happens. Thanks guys

Guys it works!!!!!! I did like you said. Deleted the version out that was installed on laptop. Went to site and did see where under options link there was to use it offline full version. Now I can save it offline and use the software offline. Was getting frustrated when it was telling me had to be online to use it. Downloaded 64 bit version. I guess was ok with the system I have. Maybe I should have done 32 bit version? I read the differences between them and figured 64 was better. Either way. Thanks again guys. Will start loading software into it now. Once I could not use it offline and thought had to use one drive only. I was getting frustrated and just parked it.

Back