• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10 Discussion Thread and Information

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Also check which channel for updates you are in, the 'made for corporate/enterprise' or the faster one. I'm on the former and still on 1803.

Just started back to scratch. My SSD winked out and I had to reinstall. Apparently my workstation's hardware cypher was recognized and it activated.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/p...sers-system-restore-windows-10-wont-boot.html

"Windows 10 devices with system protection enabled and a system restore point created prior to the installation of one or more Windows 10 updates will no longer get their system started. When users attempt to restore the system after the updates are installed, a "Stop error (0xc000021a)" will follow."

"To be able to circumvent the restart failures caused by this known issue, users may have to either restart two times in a row or use a hardware restart switch. Once the Windows Recovery Environment is on the screen, follow these steps:

Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > More recovery options > Startup settings, and then select Restart now.
In the list of startup settings, select Disable driver signature enforcement. (Note: You may have to use the F7 key to select this setting.)
Allow the startup process to continue. As Windows restarts, the system restore process should resume and finish."

I expected 1903 to be available by now but the only updates available are for 1809. Anyone seen 1903 in the wild yet outside of the Windows Insider program?

The MS site says that there are some iGPU driver issues and some audio issues on Intel boards/chips as well. They've postponed a general rollout but I didn't see anything regarding when they may have the package reworked, just some driver update suggestions.

I'm in the process of installing Windows 10 1903 on several of our computers. So far no issues but really haven't had a chance to do a thorough check. What I can tell you is that, as we already knew, you can't install the update from a thumb drive. If you try, you get a message saying installation from flash media is not allowed until a problem with drive assignment is patched. However, you can install the update from a USB optical disk. I did it this way on a laptop.

Has anyone ever tried to boot a Windows 10 PC from a bootable USB drvice you made?
No matter what i did,i didn't work out.

Has anyone ever tried to boot a Windows 10 PC from a bootable USB drvice you made?

Only way i install Window nowadays :D Did you go to your BIOS and change settings to boot from the USB stick ?

Hi guys,the problem has been solved now,just got a tool to reboot Windows 10 (Found from Google)

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Hi guys,the problem has been solved now,just got it (https://www.uubyte.com/) to reboot Windows 10 (Found from Google)
Adding,i just made new bootable disc for booting Windows 10.Everything is okay for BISO Settings.

Hi guys,the problem has been solved now,just got it (https://www.uubyte.com/) to reboot Windows 10 (Found from Google)

Adding,i just made new bootable disc for booting Windows 10.Everything is okay for BISO Settings.

Thank all you for your advice.

If you try to boot a new bootable USB image on an older non UFEI bios machine, it might not work. I had to create a non UEFI supported USB winten installer from a fresh winten iso using Rufus.

The latest Windows 10 ISO on Microsoft's website has been updated to fix the problem with not being able to use a flash drive installer that plagued the original 1903 release. I created a new flash installer this morning and was able to verify it now works.

Some fun I'm having with Windows 10 and just generally Microsoft's mentality today.

Remember when your OS didn't predatorily ambush you, denying access to simple features in order to force you into signing up for their garbage ?

I'm playing Killing Floor 2 and I decide I want to swap a couple of the buttons on my Xbox Elite controller.

After losing like an hour creating outlook accounts for these clowns, then trying to sign in via a family members and generally trying to figure why I can't access the button swap software, turns out Xbox accessories live service is currently down. So I can't change my buttons because I can't sign in. I only paid like $200 bucks for this controller I'm sure this is fine.

Attachments

• UO0060.jpg
    UO0060.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 92
  • UO0061.jpg
    UO0061.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 92
  • UO0062.jpg
    UO0062.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 92
Why do u need to sign in to swap buttons ? Isn't that supposed to be on the system/console/controller itself ?

Why do u need to sign in to swap buttons ? Isn't that supposed to be on the system/console/controller itself ?

You would think but nope.

It will let you look at your different profiles and show what buttons you have set for the paddles, but as soon as you hit the " Configure " button to change something, a login screen pops up and says " First lets get you signed into Xbox Live " And there is no way to proceed to configure your controller without signing up and logging in.

It was honestly one of those moments where my brain seized up and I just kept hitting the next button about 100 times without filling anything in and I contemplated just.... I dunno... ever watch " Into the wild" ?

When the gears started to turn again I proceeded to "attempt" to create an account and login. Of course the Universe and Microsoft would test me further as the servers were down but I didn't immediately know that, I just knew that I was being denied the ability to Create and Login on Multiple computers and on new and existing outlook accounts. The service has since come back online and I was able to swap 2 buttons and play my game.

---------------

Please register this Dewalt drill, select enable location tracking and "accept" and link it with at least two social media accounts in order to enable drilling.
I'm telling you, it's coming.

Last edited:
Rant and whine time: I downloaded and installed the last of the 1809 updates + security et al, this morning, installed, no big deal. But after all the folks using the same cell tower as me (I only have internet via mobile phone tethering) woke up and started using the bandwidth, download of the 1903 update has taken 3 hours to get to 9%. Looks like another overnighter. Count your blessings if you have DSL. The missus and I agree it's the single most missed item of convenience we miss about moving to the sticks.

Back