• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10 KB4482887 update can degrade graphics perf / gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/windows-10-kb4482887-update-can-degrade-graphics-perf-gaming.html

TLDR - "Microsoft issued a new update for Windows 10 that should have brought a number of quality improvements. However, it is now confirmed by the company that this latest update can degrade graphics and mouse performance in certain games (example Destiny 2)... Microsoft claimed that it's currently working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release. Still, and as a workaround, PC gamers can uninstall KB4482887 to regain performance."

According to MS page, that was released March 1 - not on a patch Tuesday? Was it pushed then? I've got updates blocked so I wont have it yet thankfully.

Wondering what's different about "some games like Destiny 2", graphics engine ?

I've got it but not much of a gamer. Haven't noticed any issues with performance or mouse in general computing.

Back