• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 64-bit BSOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Juiffi

Registered
Hello.

I had a BSOD, crash address ntoskrnl.exe+6f840 and driver nvlddmkm.sys. I did a fresh install like a week ago, but it hasn't really been stable. We had some discussion about my processor incompatibility with my mobo, but I got it under control. (thanks!) Thread Here

CPU idle usage is jumping around 15-30% and sounds have been skipping today. The driver is pointing at Nvidia, but I suspect my HDD is going bad. It is X years old, anywhere between 7-10 years.

I have really lost my way now, my knowledge in computers was left behind to 90's.

PS. I'm seriously thinking about "fixing" this heap of **** with a sledgehammer and starting again next year.

I had a BSOD, crash address ntoskrnl.exe+6f840 and driver nvlddmkm.sys.
That doesn't really tell us anything of any value. Instead open Event Viewer and expand Critical, Application, or System logs - under "Windows Logs" (or look under "Summary of Administrative Events--> Event Type--> Critical) double click the specific / latest error so it opens in the Summary Page Events window. Next click on Copy--> Copy Details as Text in the RH pane, and paste the contents of the ClipBoard in this thread.

And upload the latest minidump (*.dmp) file, located in the C:\Windows\Minidump directory, via the attachment icon (paperclip) on the Advanced Reply page.

Ya I remember you had an 8core CPU in a board that wouldn't handle it. Are you still running with just 4 cores.

Back