• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows 7 aero pop up thing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

resx

Registered
hey
so ive had my new computer for about 3 months now everything running super good but one thing i noticed is this pop up that comes up when i exit a game. for instance i was playing WoW i log out and exit game and i get a pop up saying click this to let windows get the best performance for your system or keep settings or something for the aero/theme i believe it is. now this only happens once and wont happen again unless i restart my comp and go into game and exit. is there anyway to stop it from poping up? i like my blacked out windows 7 theme i dont really want to use the basic light blue just so it stops popping up even its that big of deal just wondering.

comp
i5 2500k stock clock
asrock ex 3 gen 3
8gig ripjaw 1600
hd 5770
750w psu

This is more of a workaround than a solution but...

Right click on the shortcut icon for each game and click Properties.
Open the compatibility tab and choose "Disable desktop composition"

This will disable the aero transparency of the taskbar and windows while the game is running. When the game closes it should re-enable the transparency automatically.

This is more of a workaround than a solution but...

Right click on the shortcut icon for each game and click Properties.
Open the compatibility tab and choose "Disable desktop composition"

This will disable the aero transparency of the taskbar and windows while the game is running. When the game closes it should re-enable the transparency automatically.

sweet thanks alot

Back