• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 official running on multiple PC's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Exteez

Hello guys!

I am just wondering if I can run my Windows 7 Home Premium on multiple PC's. It says on the disc that it is an "anytime upgrade". I want to sell my current PC to my brother(which has this Windows on it). Will this disc allow me and my brother install the same windows on both of our PC's? I have a sticker on my computer which says a code I have to type in each time I format my PC.

So I have two questions:

1. Will I be able to install this Win 7 on both the PC's at once?(if yes u don't have to answer second question)

2. Will I be able to install this Win 7 on my new computer but delete it from the old one?

NVM it says OEM on the sticker. So i guess I can't! But I have another question. Where is OEM assigned to? HDD/Motherboard/Something else? I am selling some components to my brother, and would really like this OS to run on his PC. I am selling everything to him except the hard drives. So will it run?

OEM is linked to the motherboard.
You'll have to reinstall the OS, but it'll activate fine.

When you hook up the new system to your HDD's and go to install the OS just have it format the target drive.
IF YOU HAVE A DEDICATED STORAGE DRIVE LEAVE IT UNHOOKED SO YOU DON'T ACCIDENTALLY FORMAT YOUR DATA!!!

Okay thanks. That is all I wanted to know, because I am selling everything except my hard drive, re-installing the OS is fine for me, just that if the OEM is not linked to the HDD in any way that all is sound and working! Cheers!

Back