• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 quick-launch lnk error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alexandria

Registered
Hello! I got this problem with my quick launch bar that I'm hoping someone could help me with. When I click any icon from it, this error comes up (see image). The programs open just fine when clicking from the desktop though.

of2tF.jpg

This started right after I opened and used internet explorer earlier to check a website. While in the IE browser it asked me to change some security settings (automatically) and since then the quick launch icons have been giving me this error.
I remember having this problem when first setting up the quicklaunch bar but I don't remember how I fixed it, but it had something to do with IE at that time as well.
Possibly the "favorites" bar within IE, cause these programs are listed there for some reason..

Anyone have any idea what it could be and how I can fix this?

Open IE to Internet Options--> Advanced tab, and click the Reset button under Reset Internet Explorer settings.

Thank you, but that didn't help. :(
Thing is I had to change some settings in IE in the start to get the quicklaunch icons to work in the first place..

Last edited:
Try opening the Security tab and check in each of the Zones--> Custom level--> Miscellaneous--> the individual settings for "Launching applications and unsafe files".

Back