• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows 8.1 make desktop icon/shortcut for window store apps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leo5111

windows 8.1 make desktop icon/shortcut for window store apps? my friend likes 8.1 but he cant get games from windows store to display desktop icon he is using classic shell and in the start menu the icon is there but if you try and drag it, it just makes blank icon :bang head

Last edited:
There should be an icon for the Store in the taskbar by default.

Okay, I misunderstood your original post. You don't want a shortcut to the store on the desktop but shortcuts to the apps you get on the store. Correct? Are those web-based apps that run from the cloud?

Okay, I misunderstood your original post. You don't want a shortcut to the store on the desktop but shortcuts to the apps you get on the store. Correct? Are those web-based apps that run from the cloud?
one of the apps is magic jigsaw puzzles from the windows store

What happens in Tile mode if you drag the game's tile onto the Desktop tile?

Try
Run [which you get by holding WINKEY + R]
Type
shell:AppsFolder and then click on OK.

Find an app you wish to create a shortcut for, right-click and choose Create shortcut.
You’ll be prompted that the shortcut cannot be placed here, and Windows will recommend placing it on the desktop instead. Click on Yes.

Back