• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you guys remove windows 10 bloat for domain environments?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

medo145

Hey

I was wondering if I could crowd source some information here regarding win10pro, and how to strip "features." We've been using windows 7 up until this point, but newer machines aren't being sold with it. It's time to tackle windows 10 annoyances and start rolling it out.

We'd like to provide a more classic start menu (without using something like classic shell). We want to also remove all the pre loaded games, or shortcuts to them. Disabling the store might do that.

What have you done to implement windows 10 in your domain environment?

Any input is appreciated, thanks.

Heh, we provided users/help desk classes to educate them on how to use and support the product properly. We did not change the OS (visually) in any way making it a one off and a bear for IT to troubleshoot.

That said, there are some apps which strip it down... pretty sure n7lite works? Not sure about corporate though. Sorry.

Last edited:
Windows and or a big update a folder gets created on local machine called Windows.old

See if on the local drives of users there is this folder. That is all I can think of right now. Hope it works my friend.

Hey

I was wondering if I could crowd source some information here regarding win10pro, and how to strip "features." We've been using windows 7 up until this point, but newer machines aren't being sold with it. It's time to tackle windows 10 annoyances and start rolling it out.

We'd like to provide a more classic start menu (without using something like classic shell). We want to also remove all the pre loaded games, or shortcuts to them. Disabling the store might do that.

What have you done to implement windows 10 in your domain environment?

Any input is appreciated, thanks.
Look up posts on deploymentresearch.com and other sccm/mdt blogs. There's a lot of powershell scripts and methods to help strip down parts of windows 10.

This is part of my job (sccm/vdi sysadmin) so if you need more guidance than that let me know. But we use win10 Enterprise and sccm in our environment.

Using Powershell scripts would work out. It wll help you strip the bloat. You can decide to hide or delete them, either way I would recommend hiding them instead.

Back