• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 8 open for pre-orders.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Possibly the worst way to test this OS. It wasn't until I installed on its on partition did I really grow to like it.

I did start to like it, then I realized I only use Windows when I want to play. I gotta say that the new Task Manager is cool and such, but, for the little time I spend with Windows, the extra steps required to fire Steam and TF2 were just a big negative point for Win8.

I know though that this will shine with tablets, because of Metro UI.

That about it for me as well. If there was no gaming on Windows(and the apps the kid needs for school) I could ditch Windows completely. The last thing I need is to ditch Win7.

I would use Linux for the desktops and OSX for lappies. Android for anything else.

That about it for me as well. If there was no gaming on Windows(and the apps the kid needs for school) I could ditch Windows completely. The last thing I need is to ditch Win7.

I would use Linux for the desktops and OSX for lappies. Android for anything else.

Have you tried to use Wine for the kid's apps? Or, maybe one of those new VMware products with Unity (I have Workstation 9).

Back