• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 8: The Times They Are a-Changin'

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Now i can see why on the HWbot they where underclocking there CPU's etc in certain Marks, i thought it seemed a bit strange @ the time. But its a lot clearer now and why it was done that way hmm. AJ.

Now i can see why on the HWbot they where underclocking there CPU's etc in certain Marks, i thought it seemed a bit strange @ the time. But its a lot clearer now and why it was done that way hmm. AJ.

What do you mean?

Well i maybe confused about this, but on some marks i saw x 16 x 14 on the Multiplyer i just wonder why!! And yet the had quite big scores by doing this, well it could be nothing at all. AJ.

The idea behind overclocking for benching is that you're at the very limit.
A bench with no CPU test, like 3d03, you can run the CPU at a much higher speed than a bench like Vantage that has a nasty CPU test.
Similar to how you can run spi1m at far higher clocks than you can run wp1024 or p95.

Well i maybe confused about this, but on some marks i saw x 16 x 14 on the Multiplyer i just wonder why!! And yet the had quite big scores by doing this, well it could be nothing at all. AJ.

That's just because they had power saving features turned on which downclocks at idle.

Back