• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows/Adobe printing issue...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

It only happens to a few users at my work, Windows 7 and Windows 10.

They suddenly can’t print .pdf files (possibly can’t print anything 90% of what we print are .pdf files).

The only solution I’ve been able to come up with is to open task manager and kill any running adobe processes and then reopen the .pdf, at which point you can print.

Even just leaving the adobe updater process running is enough to keep this printing block in place.

When it is happening, the print dialog window does open up, and you can change printers, but the print button does nothing, and neither does the properties or the page setup buttons.

Anybody else run across this, and figure out how to stop it? The have both Adobe Reader DC and Adobe Acrobat DC installed.

The only solution I’ve been able to come up with is to open task manager and kill any running adobe processes and then reopen the .pdf, at which point you can print.
This may indicated that either Adobe Reader is the problem or another Adobe program installed on the system is in conflict with Adobe Reader.

As a test, try completely removing the DC version, reboot, then install version 11, this one:
http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/11.x/11.0.10/en_US/AdbeRdr11010_en_US.exe
Test it.
If it works, then update to the latest version 11:
http://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6155

If it works, leave it and do not update to DC.

If this does not solve your problem then I would look into other Adobe software installed on the system, especially any "Portable" Adobe versions...

Removing Reader DC does fix it. Given that for at least these users, they don't have to have Reader, we're going to hold off on installing Reader 11, but I'll try that if I do have a user who needs Reader and the full Acrobat both.

Thank you!

Back