• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows deleting "unsafe" files automatically

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mimesis2

Registered
I downloaded a RAT program but for some reason windows keeps deleting the files... and when the files are intact they won't open because I don't have the required permission. How can I make it so windows doesn't delete the files and then how can I actually open the files?

Please don't bump your threads unless you have more information, more troubleshooting steps, or it has been a considerable amount of time (> week). You won't get an answer any faster otherwise.

Windows shouldn't delete files by itself. Do you have a security program that is removing them for you, such as Windows Defender or another antivirus?

You are also missing important information, such as what operating system you are using, and what security programs you have running.

Do you have anti-virus software set to delete anything that matches that particular anti-virus software's definitions of malware?

There is no security programs running at all and I'm running windows 7. Windows defender says it's off when I click on it from the start menu search.

What files exactly are being deleted? I assume that "RAT program" refers to a Remote Administration Tool? If so, then what's the specific program? And what do you mean by "the files won't open because I don't have the required permission"?

It's a remote access tool, the program is called bo2k. There are two out of three executable files that get deleted about 15 seconds after extracting the files from the .zip. The remaining executable is the config file for the program. The attached image should clarify.

Attachments

• prog.jpg
    prog.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 39
Back