• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED windows explorer has stopped working.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

officedemon

Registered
a window will pop up and say....
windows explorer has stopped working...

it restarts and works for a few mins and then

and it starts all over again.

I've never had this problem happen a lot till a few days ago.
CS:GO is the only new thing on my computer I can think of.

Is your overclock IBT, LinX, or Prime blend stable at 4.2GHz, and does the error still occur at default clocks?

good idea, but with my cooler i'm at 44c max full load. prime95 blend.
i'm only overclocked 200 MHz i haven't have the time to mess with OCing
@4400MHz

So is the system IBT stable even at only a 200MHz overclock, and does the error still occur at default clocks? Does either Memtest86+ or the built-in Windows Memory Diagnostic utility pass w/ the RAM at DDR3-1866? And what were the results of checking the Event Viewer logs like mammut suggested? In case you're not familiar w/ checking the Event Viewer logs for critical errors related to the time of the most recent BSOD...

Start--> Type event viewer in the Start Search field, and hit ENTER. When you open Event Viewer and expand Critical, Application, or System logs - under "Windows Logs" (or look under "Summary of Administrative Events--> Event Type--> Critical)... double click the specific error so it opens in the Summary Page Events window. Next click on Copy--> Copy Details as Text in the RH pane, and paste the contents of the ClipBoard in this thread.

Back