• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows freezes when I plug in my USB joystick when xHCI (USB 3.0) is enabled

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoneWolf121188

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted here...anyway, looking for a little help with a problem I made for myself. Everything was working fine previously with my setup, including my joystick. However, yesterday I tried messing with some stuff in Falcon BMS to try to remap my joystick's mini thumbstick to separate x/y axes to control my radar cursors. I installed GlovePie and vJoy, couldn't get either to work, and eventually settled on remapping the axes in the registry. I thought everything was good so I uninstalled GlovePie and vJoy, then plugged in my joystick (Saitek X52 Pro)....and the system almost immediately hung. After a little troubleshooting, I've figured out that if I disable xHCI (the USB 3.0 controller) in the BIOS, everything will work fine, but if it's enabled, upon plugging in the joystick windows will recognize it, initialize it properly (according to the USB devices dialog box), then give me the spinning circle. Usually the mouse freezes too.

I've tried deleting everything I can find relating to vJoy, GlovePie, and the Saitek drivers and starting from scratch, but it's no good. Something is happening immediately AFTER the joystick is recognized that's causing windows to hang. Can I somehow trace what's going on in the background to figure out what it is and stop it?

Back