• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Xp Pro Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
AngelfireUk83 said:
I remember when Microsoft go sued by Netscape for including there browser into Windows or something along those lines netscape won in fact. And then REAL (makes of real player) sued them as well for including there Windows Media Player into Windows they also won. It was in a Sky TV channel called ".TV" is was an ace channel shame it was shut down cause no of viewers.

I know this is totally off-topic from this thread, but I gotta bring it up. Anglefire, you're sig looks 3D on my screen. I've tried blinking and switching to another screen, then coming back, but it's still the same. The blue text looks like it's set further back than the pink text. Same thing with MRD's blue text in contrast to the white. But, since yours alternates between blue and pink it really stands out.

Does anybody else see that? Or do I need to go check myself in at a psych ward?

Super Nade said:
Mate,

I think your system is unstable. I would look at the hardware first. Does your rig pass SuperPrime, 3DM01 loops or SuperPi 32M? Hve you performed any stability tests?
I ran superPi 32m, it took 35mins. No errors, nothing. But I still get the error randomly, it DIDNT happen at all during or directly after the test. But about 2 hours after I closed the SuperPi program, it had the error, so I dont think instability is the cause.

I've never had this problem before with this system.

I think i've traced it back to ntdll.dll, but I cannot figure out how to replace it. I have obtained a new copy of the dll, and I cannot replace it, says it's in use by another process, even when I try to do it from DOS.

Any other suggestions?

BTW, i guess this is an MS-Hating thread or something now...eh???? :shrug:

adnonimape said:
I ran superPi 32m, it took 35mins. No errors, nothing. But I still get the error randomly, it DIDNT happen at all during or directly after the test. But about 2 hours after I closed the SuperPi program, it had the error, so I dont think instability is the cause.

I've never had this problem before with this system.

I think i've traced it back to ntdll.dll, but I cannot figure out how to replace it. I have obtained a new copy of the dll, and I cannot replace it, says it's in use by another process, even when I try to do it from DOS.

Any other suggestions?

BTW, i guess this is an MS-Hating thread or something now...eh???? :shrug:

Have you tried replacing it from the repair console? If that doesn't work, I believe we are back to performing a repair install. Have you ever tried a repair install? It's real easy- and while I'm no expert, I just know it will fix your problem.

Open IE, go to tools, manage addons and *just* disable macromedia flash and related. Leave it like that for a day or so and see what happens.

Just a hunch at this point, but it doesn't hurt to try.

im no longer using IE.

I still get the error, the other screenshot i posted was the common one.

Its windows explorer, i think im going to install a fresh copy of explorer.exe, if that dont work, ill just back everything up, and do fresh windows install.

I've done a fresh install last month I was getting it then it hasn't happend as of late (touch wood). It only happens to me when I close down IE6 or My Computer ect it then says "Windows Has Encountered an Error blah blah blah". In the event viewer it says this:

"Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module nvcpl.dll, version 6.14.10.5672, fault address 0x000270d8".

PS: It was 3 days ago since it last happened

Back