• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Won't wakeup from sleep

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chug

It is an Asus Gryphon board and 4670k, when it goes to sleep, it won't wake up. It tries to, but I have to restart the computer to get it to run.

I've tried turning the apm options on and off in ths bios, which didn't make much difference.

It seems like if I'm gone for more than a few hours or its left overnight it won't wakeup, sometimes wakes up if the time left is shorter.

Even though I had updated the bios recently, there was another new one and this has pretty much fixed the issue last week.

Untill today where it did the same thing and now I seem to have onboard NIC issues. Could be tied in?

Do you have AI Suite installed? I know with my Asus CHV when I had it installed I had all sorts of problems. No wake up from sleep and The computer staying on after I shut down windows are two of them. I uninstalled it and no more problems.

Windows 7? I think there used to be an issue Win 7 and sleep awhile back.

Not sure is it was windows 7 related but I was using Win 7 and someone alerted me to the Ai Suite causing the issues I was having on a CHV, two being the ones I posted above. When I un-installed Ai Suite on my CHV my problems disappeared. I do use Ai Suite on my M5A99X Evo board and my Maximus Hero both on Win 7 and I have no such issues. Though, if I did have them that would be the fist place I looked.

Back