• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Working on my new Q9550

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

georanma

So, my birthday isnt till thursday, but I got sick of that q9550 just sitting unwrapped on my parents' table. A quick switcheroo, and I found myself with something to do this afternoon. Ive gotten it to boot up fine at 500 x 8.5 with easy, but anything past 450 x 8.5 seems to error on a core with a quick medium set on occt. I got it to run for 30 minutes no problem at 3.8 earlier. Im trying it again. Right now im at 450 x 8.5 @1.25. My temps are sitting around 49c and peaking at 55c at the highest thus far. Idling around 34c. Parts are in the sig.

ram is set to manual and giving it a bit of voltage. Ill have to write down the rest of my settings when I reboot in a bit.

edit: completing a quick 30 minute large data set in OCCT.

update: 450 x 8.5 @1.20 (32c idle 50c load) completes 30 minute medium data set. Gonna try 1.15 vcore.

update: 1.15 to 1.175 bsod' at boot up. looking like 1.20 is gonna be the limit.

update: nb is at 1.3 and sb at 1.3
pll at 1.56.

Last edited:
I will answer in this thread so as not to hijack someone elses.........

Again, no idea what medium is on OCCT. I only use P95 Small FFT for 8 hours or so and Blend for 8 hours or so. That is stable enough for me.

You can Lower the SB to 1.2 or even 1.1.

My Q9550 run a rock solid 3.825ghz with ~1.2vcore and similar NB. Try to manual everhything you can ( PLL-Term- and others ) cause the mobo tends to Overvolts on manual.

Like earth said. Run a 8hrs + Prime blend to be sure its 100% stable. OCCT is nice for fast tweeking with small or large FFT and the 1hr blend. But i alwais run a 8hr prime to be sure its solid !

Don't mean to sound stupid, but I want to suggest instead of doing everything manual to leave everything on auto. My 9550 was happy at 3.8 with absolutely everything on auto, including CPU voltage, with one exception -- i reduced the multiplier for my memory from 4 to 3.2. To get 9550 to 3.8 Ghz on a good mobo you don't need to mess with anything. I kid you not, just reduce multiplier for memory and leave all else on auto and give it a try.

Where did my post go from here????????

Anyway, like I *thought* I said, I would maybe start on Auto, but then immediately try to lower the voltages as boards tend to over volt in favor of stability. Auto= rookie overclocking. lol

Last edited:
Back