• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Worse game performance in windows 10?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Didn't notice it...disabled anyway.

I have a very hard time trying to find anything else aside from that article though... it seems from the article that Valve games are the ones particularly affected...

Last week saw one of Windows 10’s largest updates yet with the 1607 patch, aka the Anniversary Update. Along with the usual sweep of fixes, security updates and rebooting your PC in the middle of a work day, it also auto-enabled Microsoft’s Xbox-powered Shadowplay-like recording software GameDVR. While this is useful if you have both an omni-powered PC and plan on sharing clips quite regularly, it could be causing some major stutter. Particularly affected seem to be Valve’s games.

A Windows 10 default setting that doesn't benefit the user??? I'm stunned! JK, we all knew it was gonna screw #@$& up in perpetuity. LOL

Is it just another service running? I saw when I went in game that a windows blurb would pop up if I wanted to record, but, can't say I noticed a FPS drop... wasn't looking for it though, LOL!

I wonder if that will pop up again... I assume it wont if its the same thing..... hmm..........

Could this be why I can't run Steam games on my new Windows 10 build on medium/high settings? I can run them on safe mode and low settings, but as soon as I select high, the game would just close after the loading screen, but an Origin game did run on ultra settings.

Back