• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wow surprised no one thought of this sooner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neuromancer

CPU/Mainboard cooler

Now all we need is a mobo company to pull out one giant one that attaches to chipset and mosfets and we are all set :)

A case with 4x120mm fans in hte sidepanel would work great with this :)

that has been posted here many a times, and quite some time ago. IMO its a waste of space, probably isnt any better than a ultra 120, and probably something that just todally gets in the way.

i really doubt it's cooling capabilities. the fins look too dense and why is there a huge hole in the middle?

Its big lots of surface area... I think it would work allright...

If you look at the specs its not that much heavier than a zalman.

actully this is pretty much just a bigger xp120. a lot of motherboards would let you use that things huge span to cool your chipset or ram. of course it would be nice if we didnt need these rediclously big coolers. cant wait untill intel releases their 50watters for the mainstream.

I mean... come on. doesnt anyone remember when the thermaltakes and swiftechs with 50 and 60 mm fans were totally uber and overkill =D

Airbornederekc said:
i wouldnt trust it holding on my motherboard sideways.

It is big enough to be attached to the sidepanel, that would make it pretty stable.

Mycobacteria said:
If you look at the specs its not that much heavier than a zalman.

But more of it is further from the mobo. Leverage, like gravity, sucks! :p

z0n3 said:
Wrong. The case is your heatsink.

My personal favourite.

piotrr said:
Yes. I also remember the deafening noise.

Pardon...? PARDON... WHAT? :shrug: :p

persoanlly id rather set up my own fan blowing on ram/NB/graphic card rather than wasting all that space.

why? becuz i can do it effectively with a CPU cooler + custom installed fan or a side panel mod.

ManOfKnight said:
I purchased a geminii with (2) TT 120mm fans that push 78cfm a piece. I will tell ya'll how it works compared to my XP-90 when it comes to coolin my opty 170.

it will preforme better than a xp90 but it wont be better than say a Ultra 120 with a single one of your todally bul****ted speced Thermaltake fans.

nd4spdbh2 said:
it will preforme better than a xp90 but it wont be better than say a Ultra 120 with a single one of your todally bul****ted speced Thermaltake fans.

the geminii is designed to cool other components beside the cpu...it's designed to use 2 fans, it wouldn't be fair to compare it to ultra 120 with one fan. How good is it at its purpose, I wouldn't know....quite big for ppl fiddle with their components alot.

i think this cooler will make mobo manufactures have a new stress tester PHYSICALLY!!!

but imagine the gut wrenching sound you would hear if you accidentally dropped your comp while moving it to a lan party!

nookuwn said:
the geminii is designed to cool other components beside the cpu...it's designed to use 2 fans, it wouldn't be fair to compare it to ultra 120 with one fan. How good is it at its purpose, I wouldn't know....quite big for ppl fiddle with their components alot.

hmm lets see... buy a huge cooler that doesnt cool as good as a regular ultra 120 (let alone a ultra120 x) for more money, for the sole purpose of blowing heated air (from the cpu) onto say your ram and mosfets.... when one could get an ultra 120, and 2 120 fans.. use one for the cpu cooler, and rig one to blow cool non preheated air on the ram and what not.

And if i understand ir right your saying the ultra 120 is big and would get in the way of fiddleing with your computer... hmm look at the size of the geminii im pretty sure it overhangs your ram by far... where as a ultra 120 on most boards will not.

Back