• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wrong DRAM frequency?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi, I was playing around with my board. I also was going back through the overclocking guides. If you want to hit 1600MHz there may be a few things you need to do. Even 1333MHz is considered overclocking and so is 1600MHz. So one of the recommended things is to get a low memory multiplier for example 4x you can use the cpu multiplier to bring the cpu down to where you want it. You can use one setting above 4x but any higher than that and you will probably have issues.

With 4x you will need a FSB of 200MHz so that is why you may want to try the next multi up if you want a lower FSB I think the next step would be 160x5 which would again be 800x2 for your 1600.

You will need to up the QPI Dram Core Voltage (VTT) also you need to make sure you are running your memory at 1.65v or higher. You can go up to .5v above your QPI but I would play it safe and not go past .4 and not go past 1.8v So maybe try a QPI of 1.275 and your memory at 1.675. Some XMP profiles will run the qpi to 1.4 so 1.275 is def safe. 1.3 is fine too.

Ah, sorry I've been inactive on this forum so I'm afraid I didn't notice your post until now :p

If I ever actually want to leap from 1333 to 1600 then I'll try what you just said. But for now I've got enough to do, thanks though!

/
Run1e

Back